Film & Television MA
Based in our world-class film school and supported by specialist, award- winning staff, you’ll hone your skill set and broaden your thinking to create work with impact, relevance and reach. We cherish courageous originality and the diversity of our student body, welcoming applicants with and without a media background.
|Course Duration||1 year|
This dynamic MA will help you build the craft and critical skills to place your work in line with current industry trends. You'll engage in practical projects mirroring professional workflows and creative environments. To develop an up-to-date, original practice, you'll also study the cultural contexts of global film and television markets.
The School of Film & Television is a member of CILECT, the global association of the world's best film, television and animation schools.
- Learn from our award-winning staff and interact with high-profile film and television professionals, who regularly lead our master classes
- Become part of our School of Film & Television, a member of CILECT— the global association of the world's best film and TV schools, and establish a socially sensitive practice that fits into global networks of production
- Build craft and critical skills to situate your work against current industry trends by taking part in production and research that mirror real-world practices
- Become involved in our unique in-house slate of micro-budget short and feature filmmaking and graduate from a ScreenSkills-accredited course
- Work on extra-curricular live briefs and get involved with our own creative agency, MAYN
This course is industry recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK's screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates page