Game Art MA
Are you an artist with a passion for games? Do you want to develop your skills to meet the challenges of the games industry? At Falmouth, you’ll work within multi-skilled teams within a studio to create innovative and arresting art for games.
|Course Duration||1 year|
Nurture your creativity as you collaborate with like-minded artists in an inspired and focused space. We’re looking for illustrators, fine artists, sculptors, graphic designers, or anyone with a passion for the visual dimensions of games. Ultimately, you’ll graduate as a workplace-ready professional with a strong insight into the games industry.
- Showcase your skills in context by working on a game art project and learning to co-create as part of a team
- Be supported by tutors with experience at companies like Rare, EA Games, Microprose and Square-Enix
- Access industry-standard hardware and software, a well-equipped life drawing room, dedicated space in a game development studio and the same management tools and game engines used by the industry
- Learn 2D and 3D art creation methods, including concept, environment and character art
- Explore game development pipelines, techniques and processes such as Agile development and version control
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.