Game Design MA
Are you passionate about games and keen to make them better? Do you feel curious about what makes a game engaging and meaningful? At Falmouth, you’ll work alongside programmers and artists in a studio environment to create distinctive games.
|Course Duration||1 year|
We’ll cover specialist areas in storytelling and design to reveal new horizons of gaming. With help from ex-industry mentors, you’ll gain the tools you need for a career in games and media. Collaborating with other talented game-lovers, you’ll bring your own ideas to life in AAA, indie or board games.
- Take advantage of our guest speaker series, featuring professionals from across the games industry, from studio heads to level designers, design leads and producers
- Access industry-standard facilities, including dedicated space in a well-resourced game development studio, with augmented reality and mixed reality technology, a selection of new VR headsets, and 3D printers
- Become a specialist in game design, working as part of a team to develop your own game
- Learn iterative design principles and how to implement research, user testing and feedback
- Create game design and scripting elements for live game developments
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.