Illustration: Authorial Practice MA
Develop your unique visual language on this studio-based illustration course. You’ll learn to see your work as an evolving practice, as you challenge and re-evaluate your personal vision and voice with the help of experienced practitioners.
|Course Duration||1 year / 2 years|
|Attendance||Full-time / Part-time|
At the heart of this course is an examination of authorship and storytelling. Through hands-on workshops, you’ll develop skills like screen-printing, creative writing and bookbinding, while working on longer-term projects in your choice of media. Taking an entrepreneurial approach, you’ll develop your professional practice and consider outlets for your work.
- Join the only MA Illustration course with a specific academic focus on authorial practice
- Mount a professional presentation of work from your negotiated project
- Access professional facilities, including a print room and dedicated MA studio space
- Learn from high profile guest speakers and industry-savvy tutors
- Benefit from our close relationship with independent publisher Atlantic Press, with opportunities for placements and internships
- Study over one or two years
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.