The primary source of funding for most UK undergraduate students is government loans provided via a regional funding body.
Student Finance England (SFE) administers funding for students resident in England, whilst students from other regions will need to apply to the following, as appropriate:
- Student Finance Wales (SFW)
- Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI)
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Additional financial support
In addition to this, many students will need to supplement their funding in one or more ways such as:
- University financial support: Falmouth University offers a number of bursaries and awards to support students through their course.
- Parental contributions: students whose household income is assessed as being over £25,000 (by Student Finance) will receive less than the maximum maintenance support, as it is expected that the household will contribute towards the student's living expenses.
- Working part-time: casual work can be undertaken part-time to fit around studies. It is recommended that students work no more than 15 hours per week.
- Savings: these may be needed to help with living or study expenses or as a financial safety net should something unexpected crop up.
- Private funding bodies: numerous private trusts, charities and organisations offer funding to students amongst a range of other identified groups and individuals. Private funding can be offered for a variety of purposes, and needs to be researched on an individual basis. As a starting point, check out the educational grants database, or search through the reference resources 'The Directory of Grant-Making Trusts' and 'The Grants Register', available in the careers library on campus.
Government loans for undergraduate study
Most UK students will need to apply for funding in the form of a government loan (and/or grant in some regions) to cover the cost of...
Financial support from Falmouth
A range of financial support is on offer to try and ensure that all students can succeed and fulfil their potential during their studies.
Scholarships for International Students
We aim to support academic enrichment by encouraging diversity and excellence at Falmouth through our award of international scholarships.