Architectural Design & Technology BSc(Hons)
Learn to integrate design, construction technology, building engineering and construction management in this multifaceted degree.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
|UCAS code||K101 (3 year) / K102 (4 year)|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||✔|
This course is new for entry year 2022.
Taught with a hands on approach and deep concern for sustainability and green thinking, you'll learn the digital skills required to simulate, model, design and test construction technology through real life design challenges. With an optional placement year in professional practice, this course will put you on the right path to an exciting career working in construction technology.
This course is pursuing accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) and we will update the course page to reflect the outcome.
- Explore digital design, modelling, simulation and manufacturing processes
- Acquire a set of digital skills to equip you for the future
- Learn how to manage construction challenges and integrate technological solutions
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Integrated Environmental Solution (IES)
- Have the opportunity to work with industry specialists
- Work on real life, industry focused briefs
- Gain access to technical facilities to support your design and modelling
Choose between a three-year degree or a four-year degree with a year of professional practice. While you must select one for your UCAS application, you’ll have the chance to change your decision up to the end of your second year.
Learn through making on this RIBA and ARB accredited course. Working on live briefs in a studio environment, you’ll hone your skills designing and...
Graphic Design BA(Hons)
With an emphasis on design thinking and crafting big ideas beautifully, this course is your springboard to a career in the creative industries. You’...
Interior Design BA(Hons)
Delve into the world of built spaces, interior environments and the people who inhabit them. Through live projects and industry partnerships, you’ll...
Textile Design BA(Hons)
On our textile design course, you’ll be part of a vibrant, supportive community of multidisciplinary textile designers and makers. You’ll discover...
Sustainable Product Design BA(Hons)
Immerse yourself in the future of sustainable product design on a course that’s driven by the major challenges facing humankind today. Develop your...