Develop expertise and knowledge of drawing by exploring traditional and contemporary approaches to the discipline. Thinking through drawing, you’ll investigate the material and conceptual possibilities of the field and its applications in cultural and professional contexts to develop a drawing language of your own.
|Course Duration||3/4 years|
Falmouth is one of only a few UK universities to offer a bespoke drawing degree and is the ideal location to grow your skills and critical and contextual understanding of this exciting field of practice.
- Work in our purpose-built, dedicated suite of studios with like-minded peers where you can engage in critical discussions and student-led debates
- Engage with Cornwall's unique landscape and heritage
- Study a variety of approaches and processes to the discipline, including life drawing, printmaking, etching, digital methods and the moving image
- Have the opportunity to take part in a range of informative study visits
- Have opportunities to go on a work placement in your second year and make industry connections while exploring the practical applications of drawing in professional contexts
- Have the chance to exhibit your work throughout your degree. Previous spaces have included Trelissick House, Wheal Martyn Clay Works, Gallery Tresco, R.K. Burt Paper Gallery and ShelterBox Truro
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2022 and subject to validation.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Game Art BA(Hons)
Join our Game Art degree and develop your creative capabilities while honing the skills you’ll need to make it as a successful artist in the games...
Become adept at problem solving and creating your visual language on an illustration course renowned for its professional practice and industry...
Fine Art BA(Hons)
Fine Art at Falmouth has pioneered a culture of creative thinking and innovation for more than 100 years, challenging students to develop an art...