English & Creative Writing BA(Hons)
Join a celebration of literature and writing. You’ll read critically and widely, learning about historic and current literature and integrating this knowledge into your own creative work. You’ll analyse and create in equal measure, developing technical skills essential in any number of careers, including the literary and publishing industries.
|Course Duration||3 years|
Find your passion and pursue it. Investigate, experiment and specialise in all forms and industries including poetry, literature, children's fiction, non-fiction, screenwriting and digital games. You'll gain practical experience with our partners in publishing, literary festivals and professional writing, learning valued critical and technical skills.
- Design and run a student-led collaborative project as part of your third year. Previous projects have included producing illustrated anthologies, sitcoms and podcasts while working in collaboration with schools, charities and businesses
- Attend our guest lecture series, where you'll build relationships and contacts within all facets of the literary world.
- Participate in literary events, such as The London Book Fair and the North Cornwall Book Festival.
- Take inspiration from The Lighthouse (pictured above) – the glorious workspace at the heart of our community – which hosts everything from skills and craft workshops to board game sessions, literary quizzes and poetry readings
- Contribute your own work to Falwriting: our student-led online magazine
- Use our state-of-the-art Soundhouse and edit suites to record audience-ready productions.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Creative Writing BA(Hons) (Online)
Whether you dream of penning novels, writing for games, creating compelling digital campaigns or writing award-winning screenplays, fast-track your...
Journalism and Creative Writing BA(Hons)
Kick-start your career as a writer, learning how to analyse, practise and publish all forms of journalism while also stretching your creative skills...
Creative Writing BA(Hons)
Join our thriving writing community. Experiment with all forms of writing to find your passion and develop your writing voice. Explore audiences in...