Fashion Styling & Art Direction BA(Hons)
Influence the future of fashion as you take on the world of fashion styling. Underpinned by a progressive foundation of sustainability and ethical practice, you’ll receive guidance from current industry specialists and work in collaboration with other disciplines across the University to work on an exciting array of live briefs.
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||✔|
This course is new for entry year 2022.
You'll graduate with the skills you need to become a freelance practitioner or step into an in-house role, working with teams from a variety of backgrounds.
- Gain skills in fashion styling and creative direction from commercial to high-end conceptual fashion applications.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the entire fashion styling process, including a history of fashion and exploring the way that different cultural themes and issues are materialised in clothing and trends.
- Learn how to become a confident leader – managing teams and the expectations of senior crew and talent.
- Learn self-management skills, such as budget control, scheduling and personal financial management as a freelance practitioner.
- Have access to facilities, such as industrial sewing machines and specialist construction equipment, our dye lab and our dress and textile archive, containing costume pieces from contemporary history.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Costume Design for Film & Television BA(Hons)
On this dynamic course, you’ll cultivate the practical, creative and theoretical skills needed to enter the exciting world of screen-based costume...
Fashion Marketing BA(Hons)
Become part of the exciting and ever- evolving world of fashion marketing. This CIM-accredited course balances real-world industry experience with...
Fashion Design BA(Hons)
Create original, responsible and inspiring fashion, making your unique footprint on the industry. On this innovative fashion design course, you’ll...
Fashion Photography BA(Hons)
Develop your unique artistic voice and springboard into the industry as an innovative fashion photographer. You’ll become a networked fashion image-...