Sustainable Product Design BA(Hons)
Immerse yourself in the future of sustainable product design on a course that’s driven by the major challenges facing humankind today. Develop your skills as a designer and critical thinker, identifying your own niche and career direction.
|Course Duration||3 years|
You’ll explore the social, environmental and ethical aspects of product design, learn how to create products with a lifetime far beyond what’s typical, and consider how to create positive changes in human behaviour to improve sustainability.
- Develop digital design and manufacturing skills with access to cutting-edge 3D printing and CNC technologies.
- Get hands-on in the workshop to prototype your ideas through a broad range of materials and processes.
- Harness your creativity to design innovative solutions that address global sustainability challenges.
- Design and create your own projects, either independently or with an industry partner.
- Proactively build your network and develop career pathways, with opportunities to meet industry practitioners.
- Have the opportunity to go on study week trips such as the Milan Furniture Fair and Stockholm Design Week.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Architectural Design & Technology BSc(Hons)
Learn to integrate design, construction technology, building engineering and construction management in this multifaceted degree.
Learn through making on this RIBA and ARB accredited course. Working on live briefs in a studio environment, you’ll hone your skills designing and...
Graphic Design BA(Hons)
With an emphasis on design thinking and crafting big ideas beautifully, this course is your springboard to a career in the creative industries. You’...
Interior Design BA(Hons)
Delve into the world of built spaces, interior environments and the people who inhabit them. Through live projects and industry partnerships, you’ll...
Textile Design BA(Hons)
On our textile design course, you’ll be part of a vibrant, supportive community of multidisciplinary textile designers and makers. You’ll discover...