Textile Design BA(Hons)
On our textile design course, you’ll be part of a vibrant, supportive community of multidisciplinary textile designers and makers. You’ll discover how to create sustainable designs for a range of outcomes, and take creative risks.
|Course Duration||3/4 years|
Blending studio work with professional practice, you’ll develop your understanding of the textiles industry, while perfecting a range of techniques in our purpose-built studios. With opportunities to visit international trade fairs and exhibit work in a final year show, you’ll graduate as a confident, industry-ready textile designer.
- Learn essential skills within woven, printed and mixed-media textiles, with sustainability embedded throughout.
- Embrace artisanal, traditional techniques and digital design and production techniques in our well-equipped studios and workshops.
- Work to live briefs set by renowned companies such as Circleline, Envisage, Joules, RareThread and Wallace Sewell.
- Be encouraged to enter international competitions such as the Bradford Textile Society, Hand & Lock, i-dott and SDC (Society of Dyers & Colourists).
- Have the opportunity to travel to Paris for Première Vision, the International Textile and Trend Forecasting Show.
- Exhibit your final year’s work in our degree show and have the chance to be selected for New Designers, London.
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2022 and subject to validation.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Fashion Styling & Art Direction BA(Hons)
Influence the future of fashion as you take on the world of fashion styling. Underpinned by a progressive foundation of sustainability and ethical...
Costume Design for Film & Television BA(Hons)
On this dynamic course, you’ll cultivate the practical, creative and theoretical skills needed to enter the exciting world of screen-based costume...
Fashion Marketing BA(Hons)
Become part of the exciting and ever- evolving world of fashion marketing. This CIM-accredited course balances real-world industry experience with...
Fashion Design BA(Hons)
Create original, responsible and inspiring fashion, making your unique footprint on the industry. On this innovative fashion design course, you’ll...
Fashion Photography BA(Hons)
Develop your unique artistic voice and springboard into the industry as an innovative fashion photographer. You’ll become a networked fashion image-...